The common problem we have when unpacking the product and prepping it for first use is the “add more water please” problem. If this is not corrected, your unit will not proceed to the preheating step and may seem to be defective. How to fix the problem:
+ADD MORE WATER PLEASE . . .
Clean and rinse your water reservoir thoroughly with warm or hot water until there is no more new product or packaging odor before use. It’s not needed to use dish washing liquid. Do not dry the inside of the water reservoir with paper towels or a cloth as its residue may collect inside the pump and damage it over time and is unhealthy when consumed. We do not want that. Now follow these steps:
- Plug in the unit and do not touch the display.
- Put the water reservoir back in the unit without water.
- Press down the water reservoir firmly to secure it in place.
- Fill the reservoir with mineral free water to the max line.
- Make sure the orange shipping disk is removed.
- Turn on the unit via touch-display and follow the steps.
- Unit will start to preheat for about 3 minutes.
- Dispense hot water from the unit to clean it with a 6+ oz mug.
- When the “add more water please” display you are ready to brew.
We recommend using distilled water for all water heating appliances as its mineral free and will not leave white residues that will harm the appliance.
It’s important that you refill the water reservoir after it’s placed in the unit. If there is a good amount of water in the reservoir while you place it in the unit, the valve in the reservoir and the valve in the unit will not properly connect due to water pressure inside the reservoir pushing down on the valve instead of opening it. This is the problem for the “add more water please” display from the unit when the reservoir is max filled with water. Using a carafe or equivalent to hold the dispensed hot water from the unit is more convenient in the cleaning cycle.